RSS

Tag Archives: Psalm 139: 7-12

Spiritually Wounded After Loss

The link below (highlighted in red), from Wild Feathers Wellness, was originally shared on my personal Facebook page September 9th, 2015. When I started Boxx Banter, it was only being shared on Facebook. So I published this, and multiple other posts the same evening, knowing that my audience had already seen them. I’ve recently decided to go back and repost several as they were underappreciated due to the manner in which I first published them. If you’ve seen this post before; I hope you’ll reread it. I don’t know about you, but I don’t retain everything I read. I also hope this post resonates within hurting hearts providing much needed validation and equips those who love the hurting to gain understanding and patience as the wounded work through their spiritual beliefs.

“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord . . .”  Isaiah 1:18a

My own Facebook comments for last september lie just below the link to the article.

photo-1439902315629-cd882022cea0-600x926

Last weekend we took a little family road trip, and some things just happen in car rides. Who can explain it? Maybe it is the absence of distractions, presence of intimate spacing and of course, time. I love road trips for this reason.

On the way home, I found myself in a full-blown meltdown in conversation with my husband. It wasn’t what he was saying, it’s what I wasn’t saying. It was what I was afraid of admitting. How far I had drifted. How my heart had grown cold, and nobody knew it, not really. I convinced myself since I had found “happy” again, my kids were healthy, and I wasn’t falling apart every week; things were okay. I was okay. But being “okay” can have a thousand different definitions. Grieving people know that best, I think.

Spiritually Wounded After Loss

Ah yes, the spiritual wounds lurking beneath or hiding among the deep grief, sorrow and pain of loss. I’m amazed this woman managed to partition out that portion of her heart whereas I have constantly wrestled with how to address reconciling my spiritual wounds and the damage done to my relationship with Christ. Psalm 139:7-12 expresses the comfort and the torment inherent in God’s constant presence well:

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?

8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.

9 If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,

10 Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,

12 Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day.
Darkness and light are alike to You.”

1 Comment

Posted by on March 7, 2016 in Faith, Grief, Links

Tags: , ,

Nancy Guthrie, Hearing Jesus Speak Into Your Sorrow

From the While We’re Waiting Bereaved Parents Support Page on Facebook October 16, 2015:

“In times of sorrow and disappointment, everything we believe can be called into question, can’t it? Yet if we turn away from God, there really is no other place to go for meaning or peace. Anywhere away from him is hopelessly dark and empty.”

~Nancy Guthrie, Hearing Jesus Speak Into Your Sorrow

And ain’t that just the truth? There really is no where else to go for meaning and peace. Sometimes that’s a supreme comfort and others, well, when His plans just don’t align with mine, When His plans leave my heart flayed open and aching, sometimes I just want to hide from His presence – which, may be my inclination but certainly isn’t even a remote possibility!

Psalm 139:7-12

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there, if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Leave a comment

Posted by on October 22, 2015 in Faith, Grief, Links

Tags: , , ,

Spiritually Wounded After Loss | Wild Feathers Wellness

photo-1439902315629-cd882022cea0-600x926

Last weekend we took a little family road trip, and some things just happen in car rides. Who can explain it? Maybe it is the absence of distractions, presence of intimate spacing and of course, time. I love road trips for this reason.

On the way home, I found myself in a full-blown meltdown in conversation with my husband. It wasn’t what he was saying, it’s what I wasn’t saying. It was what I was afraid of admitting. How far I had drifted. How my heart had grown cold, and nobody knew it, not really. I convinced myself since I had found “happy” again, my kids were healthy, and I wasn’t falling apart every week; things were okay. I was okay. But being “okay” can have a thousand different definitions. Grieving people know that best, I think.

(Click on the link in red below to read the full article.)

http://http://www.wildfeatherswellness.com/spiritually-wounded-after-loss/

Comments to the above article from my Facebook post 9/9/15:

[...]

%d bloggers like this: