RSS

Stay

21 Jul

Jesus was a storyteller. He used everyday examples He knew His audience could relate to in order to teach biblical principles. He understood the power of a good analogy.

This blog post paints a vivid word picture describing a thought provoking truth regarding a Christian’s struggle to wait upon the Lord. Frankly, it was a valuable, yet painful read for me, in this season of my life. But I believe Adrien Rogers got it right when he said,

“It is better to speak the truth that hurts and then heals, than falsehood that comforts and then kills.”

Follow the link below by clicking on the word “Stay” highlighted in red to read the article from blogsite “Patchwork Scraps of Life”. I added the scriptures below the link regarding waiting upon the Lord  for your review.

The command was clear and firm… and it appeared to be just about killing her…

Source: Stay

Psalms 130:5-6 “I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.”

Psalms 27:13-14 “I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!”

Isaiah 30:18 “Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.”

Lamentations 3:25 “The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.”

Micah 7:7 “But as for me, I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.”

4 Comments

Posted by on July 21, 2016 in Adversity, Faith, Links, Uncategorized

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

  1. pastorscott63

    July 21, 2016 at 12:22 pm

    Wow!!! That is a powerful analogy of a hard truth!

    Sent from my iPhone

    Like

  2. Betty Shahan

    July 21, 2016 at 6:32 pm

    Waiting is the most difficult action we are asked to do. So often in the times of waiting, when we feel like nothing is happening is when I want to step in and take control. I am learning in my “old” age though, to do just that…wait patiently on the Lord.

    Like

    • Janet Boxx

      July 21, 2016 at 6:45 pm

      Did you really have to go and throw that qualifier “patiently” in there? Waiting’s hard enough without adding patience into the mix! 🙂

      Like

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture