RSS

What Else Does the Bible Say?

17 Apr

lament beauty

At some point, every suffering Christian is encouraged to “choose joy” and move beyond their pain. And how can any good Christian argue with such biblical advice? But, as my grief counselor often says . . .

“What else does the Bible say?”

“When pain almost strangles us and darkness is our closest friend, what should we do?”

“For years, I thought the best response was cheerful acceptance. Since God uses everything for our good and His glory, I felt the most God-honoring attitude was to appear joyful all the time. Even when I was confused and angry. Even when my heart was breaking. And especially when I was around people who didn’t know Christ.”

Vaneetha Rendall Risner has something worth consideration to share on this topic. Click on the source link below to see what else the Bible has to say about how to handle suffering.

Source: Lament: Beauty out of Bitterness – Vaneetha Rendall

2 Comments

Posted by on April 17, 2016 in Adversity, Faith, Grief

Tags: , , , , , , ,

  1. Melanie

    April 17, 2016 at 6:22 am

    So very true-and reflects what you and I have both shared in the past-God is glorified when we admit our questions, pain and sorrow yet still cling to Him. Thank you for shairng this.

    Like

    • Janet Boxx

      April 17, 2016 at 9:42 am

      She said it so well and without contention. It’s a message that bears repeating in this day where projecting a positive attitude in all situations is valued far above truth and authenticity.

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture