RSS

Stepping Forward or Forever Standing Still

24 Mar

Ken-Gire-title

“Mystery, ambiguity, uncertainty. These are places where we reach an end of ourselves, places where we have to stop, stop and take off our shoes. If we don’t, the mystery, the ambiguity, the uncertainty will one day prove too much for us. If we must have all our questions answered before we can go forward in our relationship with God, there will come a day when we won’t go forward. It may come at Gethsemane. At Calvary. Or Auschwitz.

Or at the death of a son.

For now we see in a glass darkly, but then face to face, and now we know in part, but then we shall know fully just as we have been fully known (I Corinthians 13:12).

So until then, what?
We feel our way in the dark.
Until we find each other.
We huddle together in the storm.
Wet and shivering, but together.
And maybe in the end it will be our huddling in the storm that gives us more comfort than our understanding of the storm.”

~Ken Gire, The Weathering Grace of God

2 Comments

Posted by on March 24, 2016 in Adversity, Books, Faith, Grief

Tags: , , ,

  1. Melanie

    March 24, 2016 at 6:02 am

    I think this is the very best thing I have ever read about how we “make it through”. It doesn’t require that I “get over” anything. Just that I choose to continue to trust and that I admit I need others to help me stay true to that commitment.. I’m going to have to get this book.

    Like

    • Janet Boxx

      March 24, 2016 at 9:48 am

      Compliments of Jill Sullivan who shared it on the While We’re Waiting Facebook page.

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture