RSS

Category Archives: Music

Riser

FEAR

I’m not always a riser, but that’s who I want to be for Gracen and David and I’m glad God is the ultimate Riser for me.

Check out these lyrics – not sure they are completely correct (picked them up off the internet and added my own corrections) so forgive me if I messed them up. I think they are pretty close anyway and don’t they reflect what we all aspire to be for those we love in their darkest hours? Beautiful song!

Dierks Bentley – Riser

Lay your pretty head down on my shoulder
You don’t have to worry anymore
This old world is cold and getting colder
And I know how to lock and bolt the door
I’m strong enough to hold you through the winter
Mean enough to stare your demons down
The hard times put the shine into the diamond
I won’t let that keep us in the ground
I’m a riser
I’m a get up off the ground, don’t run and hider
Pushin’ comes to shovin’
Hey I’m a fighter
When darkness comes to town, I’m a lighter
A get out aliver, out of the fire
Survivor
If you we ain’t got no money I can make it
I ain’t afraid of working to the bone
When I don’t know what I’m doin’ and I can’t fake it
I’ll pray till Jesus rolls away the stone
And I’m a riser
I’m a get up off the ground, don’t run and hider
Pushin’ comes to shovin’
Hey I’m a fighter
When darkness comes to town, I’m a lighter
A get out aliver, of the fire, survivor
I’m a trier
I’m a get down low so I can lift you higher
An army couldn’t keep down my desire
Yeah
I’m a riser
I’m a get up off the ground, don’t run and hider
Hey pushin’ comes to shovin’
Baby I’m a fighter
When darkness comes to town, I’m a lighter
A get out aliver, of the fire, survivor
I’m a riser
I’m a riser
I’m a riser

Leave a comment

Posted by on October 22, 2015 in Links, Music

Tags: , ,

Andrea Crouch – ‘Nough Said!

I came across Andrea Crouch completely by accident way back in the 1990’s. I signed up for one one of those “Get 10 free CDs” music memberships and selected his “My Tribute” album where many of his songs were sung by famous contemporary Christian artists of the day. I had no idea that he was known for singing at Billy Graham Crusades, I simply fell in love with his songs – especially this one sung by Wayne Watson. Give it a listen! (Lyrics can be found below the youtube link).

Through It ALL – Andrea Crouch

I’ve had many tears and sorrows,
I’ve had questions for tomorrow,
There’ve been times I didn’t know right from wrong:
But in every situation God gave blessed consolation
That my trials come to only make me strong.

Through it all, through it all,
I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,
I’ve learned to trust in God;
Through it all, through it all,
I’ve learned to depend upon His Word.

I’ve been to lots of places,
And I’ve seen a lot of facGoes,
There’ve been times I felt so all alone;
But in my lonely hours,
Yes, those precious lonely hours,
Jesus let me know that I was His own.

Through it all, through it all,
I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,
I’ve learned to trust in God;
Through it all, through it all,
I’ve learned to depend upon His Word.

I thank God for the mountains,
And I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms
He brought me through;
For if I’d never had a problem
I wouldn’t know that He could solve them,
I’d never know what faith in God could do.

Through it all, through it all,
I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,
I’ve learned to trust in God;
Through it all, through it all,
I’ve learned to depend upon His Word.

Leave a comment

Posted by on October 22, 2015 in Faith, Links, Music

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Johnny Shelton – America’s Got Talent

(Facebook Post 5/28/15)

An awesome performance by a grieving father/songwriter. I watched with baited breath just hoping the song was as awesome as his love for his son – and it was – it definitely was!!!

Leave a comment

Posted by on October 22, 2015 in Grief, Links, Music

Tags: , , , ,

Just Stand Up

For the hard days . . . When you need a hero . . . A miracle . . . He lives within you – His strength is perfected in your weakness – that’s how you become your own miracle – the Holy Spirit’s all sufficient grace at work within!

Just Stand Up (partial lyrics)

“The heart is stronger
Than you think
It’s like it can go
Through anything
And even when you think
It can’t it finds a way
To still push on
Though

Sometimes
You want to run away
Ain’t got the patience
For the pain
And if you
Don’t believe it
Look into
Your heart
The beat goes on

I’m tellin’ you
Things get better
Through
Whatever
If you fall
Dust it off
Don’t let up
Don’t you know
You can go
Be your own miracle
You need to know

Chorus:
If the mind
Keeps thinking
You’ve had enough
But the heart
Keeps telling you
Don’t give up
Who are we to be
Questioning
Wondering what is what
Don’t give up
Through it all
Just stand up”

(Facebook Post 10/8/15)

Leave a comment

Posted by on October 22, 2015 in Links, Music

Tags: ,

Jealous

The pre-song interview pretty much says it all; and aside from the line in the chorus that says, “But I always thought you’d come back, tell me all you found was Heartbreak and misery”, well the rest of the lyrics speak a very uncomfortable truth. I miss my children and I am desperately jealous to know they are happy without me. Not that I’d want them to be unhappy – and certainly not that I’d want heaven to be anything less than all I hope it will be, but I find myself jealous that heaven has their sunshine and I do not.

On this, the day after my youngest daughter’s birthday, this song seems especially appropriate as the following (partial) lyrics testify:

I wished you the best of
All this world could give
And I told you when you left me
There’s nothing to forgive
As I sink in the sand
Watch you slip through my hands
Oh, as I die here another day
Cause all I do is cry behind this smile

It’s hard for me to say,
I’m jealous of the way
You’re happy without me
It’s hard for me to say,
I’m jealous of the way
You’re happy without me

Leave a comment

Posted by on October 21, 2015 in Grief, Links, Music

Tags: , , , , , ,

%d bloggers like this: