RSS

An Unconventional Father’s Day

14 Jun

I wrote this article a year ago. It takes a look back (almost 25 years now) to a time filled with great anticipation and excitement. David and I had been married five years when the events described took place – events that became defining moments in our lives in ways we never could have foreseen.

A silent shift occurs within as the last day of the calendar month of May is torn away. We are propelled into June, and weddings, which serve as a smoke screen of sorts for me as the countdown to Father’s Day begins. When May turns to June, the reel of memories begins running complete with the clacking sound of film spinning and flickering projector light. The film runs on repeat in my mind day after day as the calendar marches ever onward. Why don’t you come along for the ride?

https://boxxbanter.com/?s=An+unconventional+Father%27s+Day

Leave a comment

Posted by on June 14, 2017 in Adversity

Tags: , , ,